1. Start with a clean and empty room. Stare at it for a long time trying to figure out how everything is going to fit.
2. Start moving some items over. This time take some actual measurements so you know what furniture will actually fit. Also, send a picture to your mom…she will notice that you don’t have curtains.
3. Go to IKEA. Spend the next day in a sea of cardboard and booklets of picture directions.
4. Remove all of the cardboard and plastic. Things are starting to look more like a home.
5.Have the fridge delivered. Move everything around the room again to make it fit right.
6. Recognize that you aren’t quite done moving, but things are functional. Take a nap in the chair.